It's gettin' hot in the kitchen...can you take the heat?!? Take two well-known restaurant chefs, add some way cool guests (you!) to help them cook up two dishes each, sprinkle in a little competition and then let Stephanie March (MSP Magazine, Weekly Dish) stir it up. Whaddya get? A magically delicious cooking class where only ONE team will be crowned victorious. Do you have what it takes? We bet you do.
Let's get ready to ruuuuummmmmmbbbbbble!
Class includes champagne cocktail, appetizers, full dinner, wine + beer.
February 15, 2016 6:30-9:30pm
Chef's Night Off
Chef's Night Off is a limited-attendance cooking class led by the best restaurant chefs in our fair cities. Up close and personal. So fill up your glass, put on your apron and be prepared to get busy. Because YOU'RE doing the cooking.
The menu will be created the day of the event so Chef can take inspiration from the seasonal goodies and international flavors of our Midtown Global Market. And who knows what other twists we may have up our sleeves?! We've been known to secretly request an ingredient out of Chef's own refrigerator and throw that into the mix. Or maybe we'll see something Chef likes to make at home...It's always an adventure!
Amazing, feel-good side effect? Your participation will help fund a monthly donation to Corner House, a non-profit organization in Minneapolis, Minnesota that assesses suspected child sexual abuse, coordinates forensic interview services, and provides training for other professionals.
- Jan 12: Jim Christiansen, of Heyday
- Feb 23: Don Saunders, of The Kenwood
- Mar 23: Lucas Almendinger, of Third Bird
- Apr 6: Doug Flicker of Piccolo
- May 4: Beth Fisher of Wise Acre Eatery
- June 29: Gavin Kaysen of Spoon and Stable
- September 21: Alan Bergo of The Salt Cellar
- October 19: Russell Klein of Brasserie Zentral and Meritage
- November 9: Thomas Boemer of Corner Table and Revival
- December 7: Michael DeCamp of Monello
Cooking the Market
Cooking the Market™ is a completely-hands-on, inspired-by-the-season cooking class. We'll determine the menu on the spot based on what's fresh, new and interesting at the Midtown Global Market. This unique, high-energy class is perfect for meeting new people, bringing together a group of friends, celebrating special events...even group team building!
Join our Executive Chef Molly Herrmann on this culinary adventure! Great for cooks of all levels of experience and knowledge - we please beginners and gourmets alike.
We'll start with a pair of house-made appetizers, as well as a champagne cocktail to welcome you! Then we'll tour the Midtown Global Market, pointing out many great finds and ideas to spark inspiration for our creative meal. Then we cook. And, of course...eat!
(Please note, payment is REQUIRED to secure your place. This class requires a minimum of 10 people to run, so invite your friends and join us in the kitchen!)
- December 5, 2015 5:30-9:30pm
- January 23, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- January 29, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- January 30, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- February 20, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- February 26, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- February 27, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- March 12, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- March 18, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- March 19, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- April 23, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- April 29, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
- April 30, 2016 5:30-9:30pm
I Do! Kitchen Boot Camp
Join us for one, two or all three Kitchen Boot Camp classes, and you'll learn how to cook up some delicious dishes. Each class will feature a different menu (dietary restrictions accommodated) and each class participant will be entered into a drawing at the end of the series for a FREE Bachelor/Bachelorette Party at Kitchen in the Market!
- December 3, 2015 6:30-9:30pm
- January 21, 2016 6:30-9:30pm
- February 11, 2016 6:30-9:30pm
Sameh Wadi: The New Mediterranean Table
Chef Wadi has been a James Beard Foundation semi-finalist for "Best Chef" and "Rising Star", as well as a fierce competitor on Food Network's "Iron Chef America". But what he really wants to do? Teach people the "language of spices". Join Sameh in our kitchen as he walks you through the Mediterranean Larder, talks about his heritage and influences in the kitchen, and puts you to work creating recipes from his book.
The 4-course meals will be served family-style, and each menu will reflect the season and focus on a technique.
Bring your cookbook for Chef to sign or purchase at our retail space on the night of your class!
- September 24, 2015 6:30-9:30pm
- January 28, 2016 6:30-9:30pm
- March 10, 2016 6:30-9:30pm
Whole Hog Butchery
- January 24, 2016 12:00-4:00pm: Thomas Boemer
Thomas is the reigning Cochon Grand Champion and executive chef for Corner Table + Revival. He is truly the King of Pork!
- February 21, 2016 12:00-4:00pm: Tyler Montgomery
Tyler is one of the master butchers that create the beautiful pork products at Red Table Meats.
Kick Ass Cookie Class
This class includes bubbles, nibbles, and 1 dozen decorated cookies (4 different designs) to take home.
Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:00 am-1:00pm
Kitchen in the Market reserves the right to cancel a class due to inclement weather or low registration. In the event of these instances, a full refund or transfer to another cooking class will be made available. You will be notified by phone or email as soon as possible in these instances.